Things you should know
- When you register with Trainual, information is needed such as your name, company name, email address. A billing address and credit card information is also required if you have chosen a paid account.
- Trainual uses collected information for purposes such as processing and fulfilling your order, billing, service improvement, research, and other general purposes.
- Trainual will share the collected information in order to respond to investigation, court orders, legal process, or to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Trainual’s terms of service, or as otherwise required by law. If Trainual is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, please contact us.
- Trainual will send a welcome email, and email account holders for billing purposes, and at times will send Trainual service-related announcements. You cannot opt out of service related emails as this is part of your service. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us.
- If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page, by telephone or electronic mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent to retain your information may prevent us from providing you with requested services.
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. IP addresses are tied to personally identifiable information to better gauge our customers’ needs and provide specific information to best serve them.
- Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at support at (@) trainual dot (.) com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at support at (@) trainual dot (.) com .
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
We collect the following personal information about you:
- Contact information such as name, e-mail address, phone number, billing information, information you input into open text fields
- You also have the option of adding a display name, job title and other details to your profile information to be displayed in our services
- Information about your business such as a company name, industry, company size, company contact information
- Content consumption information about you that may include viewed content and training interactions
- Contact information provided when seeking technical support, including summary of problem and attachments that may be helpful in resolving an issue.
- Information about you when you visit and interact with our website and training portal. This may include the links you click on, the file attachments you download, and frequently used search terms
- Device information including your connection type and settings, information about your operating system, browser type, IP address, and URLs of referring/exit pages
- We partner with third party companies that may collect and use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visit to this website to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
- How is user data used with Google OAuth? In order to more quickly access and import Google Docs to Trainual, we allow users to connect to their Google Drive by authenticating their Google account. This provides Trainual a token for authentication which we can then use to send a request to retrieve your document in an HTML format, utilize a third-party AI service to sort content into relevant Trainual hierarchy and transfer content to applicable Trainual account. Trainual’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
How We Use Your Information:
When you do business with us, we may collect three types of information: personal, non-personal and anonymous. You share this information so that we may provide you with the information and services that best meets your needs. We may use and disclose this information to:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner (e.g., respond to customer service requests);
- Provide requested information on our products and services (e.g., demo requests, marketing communications, sales communication);
- Act as required or authorized by law;
- Sharing data with other data subprocessors for integration purposes.
- Serve interest-based advertising. If you wish to opt-out, click this link.
Information Related to Client Data Collected through the Trainual platform.
Trainual collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are an employee of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be involved with one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly.
Access to Data Controlled by our Clients
Trainual has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Trainual’s Client (the data controller). The Client is able to remove the data without Trainual’s involvement. However, if the Client requests Trainual to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
Notice to California Residents
Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada law allows Nevada consumers to opt out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. We do not sell your Personal Information to third-parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. To learn more about our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us at support at (@) trainual dot (.) com.
Notice to European Economic Area Residents