In this episode, I’m talking with Adam Posner. This episode is all about talent acquisition and recruiting in today's hiring landscape.
Adam is the founder and president at NHP Talent Group, a boutique New York based talent consultancy. He specializes in talent for senior level type roles within digital marketing, media, eCommerce product, and content creation at startups, and different agencies or brands. He's also the host of a top global career podcast, The Pozcast.
This episode was interesting because from a recruiter standpoint, we got to hear what motivates employees, why they would want to leave one company when he talks to them and join another one. What the matchmaking process is behind the scenes and some of the questions that Adam uses to get to the center of that.
Whether you are looking to hire a recruiter, having an in-house recruiter yourself, or just assigning a champion, that's going to own this process within your business, I think it's an insightful conversation on how to make sure that you're setting yourself up for success. Avoiding some of the roadblocks of recruiting and attracting the right people to your business.
- Landing his dream job at VaynerMedia. (2:15min)
- Owning your losses. (5:08 min)
- The art & science of recruiting. (10:00 min)
- The great recalibration. (13:45)
- How to attract employees, today! (19:06)
- How SMBs should structure their recruiting and hiring process. (22:40)
- Look for these qualities in candidates. (27:08)