In this episode, I’m talking with Adi Klevit. This episode is all about the documentation life cycle and how to create buy-in from your team.
We dig into the life cycle of how, when, why, what documentation is all about, and more importantly, how to get buy-in from your team so that this is something that people actually do and follow. Adi is a member of our process people community. She's a Trainual certified consultant and the leader and visionary of the Business Success consulting Group.
So she brings with her 25 years of knowledge and experience as a trained industrial engineer, management consultant, and business executive. And it was just a fun conversation. I always love talking with service providers, people working with other business owners to make this stuff stick. And so, in this conversation, you'll get a lot of practical tips from back in the days when I was consulting and present day when Adi is doing a lot of this work to support the businesses that she's helping to scale.
- The Car Analogy (3:45)
- When is the right time to document? (4:10)
- Creating buy-in from your team. (8:05)
- Building momentum with your documentation efforts: Quicks wins, ROI, & defining you WHY. (12:46)
- Helping clients realize why they need to document. (15:24)
- How much should I document? (20:00)