In this episode, I chat with Verne Harnish about how to effectively scale your business with clearly documented systems and processes. Documentation is key to successful business growth. Verne’s work has been a huge inspiration for me in growing Trainual, from the principles in Scaling Up, being a member of EO, and our brands even share the color purple.
Verne Harnish is the authority in Scaling Up your business – so much so that he literally wrote the book called Scaling Up, following the success of two other Books – The Greatest Business Decisions of All Time, and Mastering the Rockefeller Habits. He’s worked with thousands of organizations, helping them to grow successfully and efficiently, even founding Entrepreneurs’ Organization or EO, a top entrepreneurs’ hub of over 14,000 members around the world. Verne is also the CEO of Scaling Up, an executive education and coaching company. Verne’s work has been a huge inspiration for me in growing Trainual, from the principles in Scaling Up, being a member of EO, and our brands even share the color purple.
If you like this episode, you may also like this one about why documenting what you do is so important.
- Becoming a leader in Scaling Up and the backstory of the book
- The biggest barriers that startups face
- The One Page Vision Summary
- The Process Accountability Chart and who owns the process of the processes
- People who wear many hats vs. those who are specialized
- Transferring knowledge to other team members as you grow
- The right time to document your processes
- Having a peer mentor or business coach
- The foundation for meetings in any business