In this episode, I'm talking with Dan Pupius. This episode's all about monitoring employee productivity and wellness in remote work.
Dan Pupius is the co-founder and CEO of Range, a workplace collaboration tool for hybrid and remote teams. Prior to founding Range, Dan ran engineering over at Medium. If you've heard of Medium, the blog post website, he ran the engineering team there. Before that, he was a staff software engineer at Google, so a really smart guy. He left those opportunities to start Range, a tool of his own, which is specifically designed for maintaining connectedness and employee wellbeing for all of our remote teams.
These days where so many people are logging in remotely, when we only see people for a few minutes here and there on our video chats and Zoom calls, this software, this effort from Dan and his team is to try to keep people connected. To keep your teams mentally healthy. We dig into this conversation of what you should be looking for to keep your employees engaged, maintain productivity, and how to prioritize employee wellness in our remote teams.
Quote of The Episode:
"Remote amplifies the problems that exist in existing workplaces. There's some new problems, but a lot of the problems existed already. You make remote work, then you make work, work for everyone." - Dan Pupius
- Where does Range fit into other remote tools? (3:55)
- Is Range for remote teams only? (8:00)
- Why are businesses afraid of remote work? (11:53)
- Managing employee productivity in remote teams. (12:56)
- Goal setting & OKRs for remote teams. (16:15)
- Monitoring employee wellness in remote work. (19:47)
- Creating psychological safety in company culture. (23:10)
- What's your go-to market 'wedge'? (27:39)