In this episode I chat with Andrew Houston, the founder of Profit for Contractors. Andrew started to do business coaching back in 2000 shortly after he realized how much his own contracting business and personal life was at a crossroads. Out of that turning point, emerged Andrew’s passion for helping contractors who are going through the same chaos he once went through. Now, he helps contractors of all types systemize and scale their business behind them, giving them the freedom, money, and control they deserve. Also joining in on this conversation is Profit for Contractors COO, Jay Carter.
We talked about getting your business out of your head and the mindset shift from contractor to champion CEO. We also dug into how you can feel some tangible results from what feels like a pretty intangible and invisible thing in working on your business. Simple tips and tricks on how to put little processes in place and how to work with vendors and suppliers before you even have employees. They have a lot of great suggestions about how to turn the dial in your head and really focus on growing your business.
- The mindset shift from contractor to champion CEO. (6:00)
- Turn the invisible into the visible. How to quantify the freed up time you get from delegating. (21:00)
- Obtaining hires for life. (28:00)
- Labor shortage in the trades & contractor industries. Hiring for today's employees. (32:00)
- Profit for Contractors
- Book: How to Steal Your Competitors Tradespeople Ethically
- Profitable Contractors Association Facebook Group