In this episode, Chris talks to Greg Head, CEO of Scaling Point which provides consulting and workshops to early-stage tech companies, and the Founder of Gregslist.com, a curated, up-to-date list of software companies and tech jobs in Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, and Boston. What I liked about this episode is we talk in-depth about how to create a category, what that means, and examples from Trainual, because this is an active conversation we’re having right now about creating the category for playbook software.
He’s had an amazing career so far with early-stage experience at ACT!, the contact manager millions of people used in the 90s. Then co-founding SalesLogix, the first mid-market CRM software that went public in 1999. Then as the CMO at Infusionsoft where he helped them grow from $15m to $100m.
In Arizona, he’s a legend in our startup scene here in Arizona and I’ve been fortunate to learn a lot from him.
- The six elements of Greg’s Scaling Point System
- How category and knowing your target customer determine product-market fit
- Playing the wrong category game
- How to make a new category recognizable
- Trainual’s “playbook” category
- The story behind Gregslist.com