This episode is an interview that my brother, Jonathan, our CMO at Trainual did during our Training With Empathy event earlier this year. He chats with Amy Posey, the Founder & CEO of SUPER MEGA BOSS. She’s also the co-author of Wild Success: Seven key lessons, business leaders can learn from extreme adventures. This talk is a really candid conversation about how you should be vulnerable with your people, how it’s okay to admit mistakes, and just the science behind emotional intelligence as a whole.
Amy is a neuroscience-based leadership development facilitator who helps leaders at all levels using science and performance research in her practical approach to learning and development. SUPER*MEGA*BOSS is a manager training company that creates short videos and in-person sessions to make better bosses.
- Amy’s background in the adventure world
- Drawing parallels between extreme adventures to daily life
- The dynamics of executive and managerial leadership
- Bringing bits of your authentic, weird self to work
- Hiring a team that doesn’t think the way you do
- Why you should constantly expose yourself to things you’re not used to
- Getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
- The key elements of emotional intelligence
- The concept of metacognition
- Reframing everything as a learning experience
- Emotionally regulating while receiving feedback