Scott Fritz is a business coach, author, speaker, and angel investor. Back in 1997, he founded a company called Human Capital, and over the next decade, he grew that company to $170 million as an active angel investor. Since 2001, Scott has invested in over 30 separate ventures, and in 2008 he founded Growth Connect, a company that specializes in transforming businesses into assets through exit-strategy coaching. Along the way, Scott authored The 40 Hour Work YEAR, which is a book that chronicles Scott’s own entrepreneurial journey firsthand and acts as the playbook for getting out of the day-to-day in your business. Scott is a keynote speaker for entrepreneurs around the world, an advisor, and a leader, and we’re excited to have him on the show.
In this episode, we talk about intrapreneurial business plans, performance reviews and bonus structures, the decision matrix, an 18-month action plan to the 40 hour work year and more.
- The Focus Filter: enjoy life, make money, do deals
- The 40 Hour Work YEAR book and what it means
- An 18-month action plan to the 40 hour work year
- Having a right-hand man or woman and executive team to keep the ship going
- Passing off roles to other people in the company
- Doing, coaching, and getting out of the way
- Intrapreneurial business plans
- Performance reviews and bonus structure
- The decision matrix and how to create one
- Documenting SOPs
- Company valuation