Cameron Herold has a special ability to simplify business problems. He’s worked with hundreds of organizations including a big 4 wireless carrier and a monarchy, and he’s built $100 million dollar companies. Cameron grew 1-800-GOT-JUNK? from 14 employees to 3100 employees. He’s written best selling books like Double Double, Meetings Suck, and Vivid Vision, helping companies eliminate unproductive processes and guiding them on the shortest, simplest path to exponential success. If you’re listening and you’re on the path to becoming a Chief Operating Officer or you’re already a COO, you’ve definitely heard of his group COO Alliance. It’s an exclusive group for people like us that just get process.
In this episode, we talk about sharing your vivid vision with your team, the upside-down organization chart, focusing on documenting the systems that work, hiring interdependent people, and more!
- How to get the vision out of the mind of the entrepreneur and share it with everyone
- The right time to share your vision with the people in your business
- Using your Vivid Vision during the hiring process
- When to update your vision
- Frequency of planning meetings and what they consist of
- Updating and tracking KPIs for your business
- The upside-down organization chart
- Roles and responsibilities as your business grows
- What to tackle first when creating standard operating procedures
- Focusing on documenting the systems that work
- Hiring people that are interdependent
- How to onboard employees in businesses of different sizes and in different departments