In this episode, I'm talking to one of my best friends, Russ Perry, who is the founder and CEO of Design Pickle. They've got close to 500 team members in six different countries around the world. What I love about this conversation is that Russ who runs this huge company, you know, flat rate creative design services. He's built this over the last five years, but what he's really been building this whole time is a foundation at home. He's been investing in himself. He's been creating the family, the lifestyle that he wants and his business has succeeded around that. And because of it, I believe. Russ dives into everything from his story and journey into creating Design Pickle, to the filter of how he made his decision to create this business, to how he does annual and quarterly planning and keeps his life just integrated personal and business life on a day-to-day basis. He's an amazing friend. He's been an inspiration for me, and you're going to learn a lot from this.
- Getting sober and choosing to shut down his 9-year-old creative agency
- The four quadrants personal development strategy
- Making a list of the things you want in life and evaluating every decision you make against it
- Doing personal quarterly reviews
- Putting your personal activities in your calendar too