The process for getting a flexible working schedule is as follows:
- File an official request for a flexible schedule with your manager. Be sure to include why you are filing this request and what you want your adjusted schedule to look like.
- Your request will be accepted or denied depending on your manager’s discretion (considering the qualifications outlined earlier in the policy).
- If you are not approved for flexible hours, you will be given a formal letter explaining why from your manager. And the process stops here.
- If your manager accepts your request, HR will then need to approve it as well.
- Once approved, you will meet with your manager to go over expectations, work goals, and work out any other details for your new arrangement.
- HR will write up a formal agreement for all parties to sign, including [you, your manager, and HR].
Moving forward, you and your manager will routinely meet [once a week] to discuss progress, align goals, and work through potential issues.Note: Your flexible work schedule can be discontinued at any time if you or your team become unproductive due to the arrangement.