At [company], we believe that we are only as strong as we are different. We celebrate everything that makes our employees unique, and we love how our varied backgrounds improve our team and our product. This is why we have formulated this company diversity policy.
This means that we:
- Celebrate what makes us different (we’d throw a party every day if we could).
- Speak with kindness and curiosity when we discuss our differences (YES it’s okay – encouraged, even – to talk about it! We love a kind discussion about what makes us unique.)
- Discuss and respect boundaries.
- If someone unintentionally says or does something that feels disrespectful, it’s your responsibility to speak up and let them know.
- It’s their responsibility to apologize and make sure they understand why it was disrespectful and avoid such language or behavior in the future. This should be an open discussion with both sides assuming good intent and a chance to educate and learn from each other.
If there is a clear, intentional disrespect, discrimination, or harassment based on protected characteristics, discuss (with specific references) what your teammate has done to make you uncomfortable with their direct manager. If you are uncomfortable talking directly with their manager you are welcome to speak with [name].
Our goal is for everyone at [company] to be accepting and kind. We hold each employee to these standards.
We will take action against any employee found guilty of discrimination or harassment on the basis of protected characteristics (such as age, gender, pregnancy, abilities, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, race, and ethnicity), up to and including termination of employment.
We have zero-tolerance for discrimination and harassment at [company].