This is not some resource stack with 300+ links to a world of information overload. These are the few curated policies, procedures, and need-to-knows to help navigate your remote work transition.
Need a hand?
As businesses worldwide adapt to the challenges presented by COVID-19, we understand that the desire to keep teams productive, aligned, motivated, and most importantly healthy, is a pressing concern.
Yet, remote work is not a natural state for all organizations. We thought we could help.
Our hope for you
The resources on this site are completely free and here only to assist in your transition to or optimization of a remote working environment in the wake of a global pandemic.
If any article, video, template, or tool listed here can help you run your business and team more effectively from afar during these difficult and confusing times, then it has been well worth our effort.
We’re in transition too and facing the same challenges as you. What we share here is simply what’s helping us, and we hope it helps you too.
Must-read articles to get you up to speed
- If you like data… The 2020 Global Remote Work Report
- Setting the scene: Why It Took a Pandemic for Remote Work to Take Off
- Still growing? How to Hire Someone You’ve Never Met In Person
- Just closed a new hire? A Step-by-Step Guide to Remote Onboarding
- Struggling with remote work? How to Overcome 7 Remote Work Challenges
- Need ideas to engage your remote team? 7 Virtual Team Building Ideas
- Challenged by virtual meetings? What It Takes to Run a Great Virtual Meeting
- Ongoing training needs? 4 Tips for Training Your Remote Team With Video
Must-watch videos for perspective and guidance
Super helpful templates for rolling out remote Policies & Procedures
- Work From Home Policy [Template]
- Change Management: Employee Transitions [Template]
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy [Template]
- Family First Coronvirus Response Act [Template]
- Company Emergency Action Plan [Template]
- Community Medical Emergency Policy [Template]
Our recommended tech stack for running your remote team
- For video communication and meetings: Zoom or Whereby
- For messaging: Slack
- For work, collaboration, and file management: Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- For project management and tracking tasks: Asana
- For process management, onboarding, and training: Trainual
- For sharing logins: 1password
- For time tracking: Time Doctor
- For screen recording: Loom or Vimeo
- For connecting and automating all your apps: Zapier
- For preventing overbooked calendars and burn out: BreakBot